Skype has saved a lot of startups a lot of money over the years by providing free chat, voice and video calls. But they are no longer the only option for startups looking to keep connected with employees and clients. OoVoo is another option. They do things a little bit differently from Skype.
Here are some of the key features they offer:
- Host video chats for up to 12 users with PC’s you can see all 12 at once. Macs it’s only 6, but you can hear everyone.
- Video chat with users who have not downloaded OoVoo. You send them a link which allows them to access the video chat.
- Video chats on mobile devices. At this point we understand them to be the only provider with a 4-way simultaneous video chat for mobile.
- Can record videos (PC only)
- Their premium version offers support, no ads, and 1,000 min video storage for $2.99/mo (September 2012).
- As with Skype you can call out to international numbers.
What we really like:
the ability to chat with non OoVoo users. Normally you have to wait for everyone to use a service in order to make it useful. They also have more expansive mobile platform than Skype.
Tell us what you think of Oovoo!